Job Title: Supervising Producer (Latin America), CNN Digital
Job Category: News
Job Location: United States – Georgia – Atlanta
Job Type : Full Time
Requisition # : 151777BR
Posting Job Description :
This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
What part will you play?
- A new position for CNN Digital, the Supervising Producer, Latin America, will be a major driving force in our mission to up our production of high-quality news and innovative feature content that showcases the diversity of South/Latin America.
- We are looking for an ambitious, creative and experienced journalist fluent in English and Spanish (excellent written English a must) to produce distinctive digital content and build on CNN’s global leadership in original journalism, video and breaking news.
- The successful candidate will be someone with a deep understanding of South American affairs and audiences, faultless news judgment, capable of producing and commissioning outstanding journalism and a deep understanding of social media.
- There will be a strong focus on digital video – with the Supervising Producer collaborating and coordinating with TV newsgathering, feature teams and regional CNN resources as well as our digital video units on topics, stories and planning.
- Syncing with CNN Espanol and CNN International’s newsgathering teams and other regional bureaus, the role will help define and deliver on CNN Digital’s broader editorial and expansion strategy related to the continent. S/he will also provide an essential link to the CNN LatAm Newsgathering team, collaborating, coordinating, sharing resources in order to improve our storytelling capabilities in both English and Spanish.
- S/he will deliver engaging stories from and focusing on the continent, manage freelance content to all our platforms as well as come up with digitally native storytelling ideas – with a special focus on mobile first storytelling.
- The position is based in Atlanta and the vision is the Supervising Producer will over time build up a team of resources throughout the region.
- This will be a key appointment as CNN Digital builds up its global team and the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate an impressive inside-out familiarity with the region.
What will you be doing?
- Produce and manage the flow and planning of engaging content across breaking news and news events, news features and editorial-led commercial feature series on CNN’s digital platforms that meets our traffic
- goals with a focus on mobile-first storytelling and digital video. On a day to day level, the Supervising Producer will coordinate and deliver digital South/Latin America coverage across the network and in collaboration with other colleagues in in our main London, Hong Kong and Atlanta units.
- Manage the digital features output related to Latin/South America. Manage freelancers and agency resources, to ensure projects are effectively and efficiently staffed with high-quality results.
- Develop concepts and deliver on commercially-attractive editorial feature series
- Work with CNN Espanol, CNNI newsgathering and digital video teams to increase the quality and quantity of digital video from the region.
- S/he will develop and work with contacts, sources, freelancers, social media as well as CNN newsgathering and regional bureau resources to bring new avenues of storytelling and deliver on providing expert insight into the region, its cultures, its influence and key issues that resonate with a local and international audience.
- Connecting and sourcing voices to feed into our commentary and opinion units.
- The role will also use metrics to help refine editorial strategy and optimise content delivery across all our platforms and identify commercial opportunities.
What do we need from you?
- The successful candidate will need to be fluent in English and Spanish, both oral and written, and possess significant editorial expertise and experience that demonstrates an impressive knowledge of the region, its people, cultures, issues etc.
- Strong experience in digital media, geared towards features content is essential.
- Understanding of journalistic standards and media law is essential.
- A deep understanding of social media and how content travels as well as community building on several platforms
- A proven understanding of digital storytelling is essential.
- Self-starter with a history of delivering exceptional results.
- Must have excellent communication skills. Must be able to represent CNN.com internally and externally.
- Experience working on editorial projects in a commercial environment is an advantage.
- Experience in managing a small team
- Sound commissioning and subbing skills
- Must be eligible to live and work in the USA.
But wait, there’s more!
· Paid time off every year to volunteer
· 2015 Best Company for Working Mothers
· An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
· Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS